- Early 1900’s Girls’ canning clubs and boys’ corn clubs began to develop
- 1914 Smith-Lever Act was passed creating Cooperative Extension Service.
- 1915 The first Wisconsin State Fair was organized in West Allis.
- 1916 Wisconsin State 4-H Leader identified that green and white were the national colors
and the four leaf clover was the emblem.
- 1918 First State Club Week (State 4-H Congress) and the first county agent to work with
- 1920 The national motto was changed to “Make the Best Better.”
- 1927 The 4-H pledge and motto were officially adopted nationally.
- 1939 The 25th Anniversary of organized club work in Wisconsin.
- 1941 Elizabeth Upham Davis and Caroline Upham Keene memorialized their parents by
donating 310 acres near Wisconsin Dells to youth programs.
- 1956 4-H bulletins now refer 4-H as a program for all youth, urban and suburban, village
- 1962 Wisconsin’s 50th Anniversary of 4-H club work.
- 1967 The 4-H program officially became known as the State 4-H Youth Development
- 1969 Wisconsin 4-H initiated its involvement in the federally funded Expanded Food and
Nutrition Education Program as a way to reach new groups.
- 1983 Wisconsin 4-H reached over 100,000 young people.
- 1991 A plan was introduced for integrating the experiential learning cycle into the 4-H
Curriculum Handbook at a National 4-H Curriculum Conference.