The Taylor County 4-H Program is a great place for young people to build self confidence, learn leadership skill and responsibility….and have a GREAT time doing it! We have many resources on our website for youth and adults interested in participating in the Taylor County 4-H Program, but if you don’t see something and you’d like more information about it, don’t hesitate to contact us at the Taylor County Extension Office at 715-748-3327 x4 or x3 or visit us at 925 Donald St., Room 103, in Medford.
4-H EMAIL UPDATE – August 21, 2019
As most of you know, Stephanie’s final day as the Taylor County 4-H Educator was last Friday, August 16. I will try to keep you updated on 4-H happenings.
- Arts Camp for middle school students, grades 6-8, will be held October 5-6 at Camp Upham Woods. Registration has been extended through Sunday, August 25. Opportunities for both youth and leaders. More information: https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/wi4harts/arts-camp-more-info/
- Newsletter: I will be trying to get a newsletter out before the end of August. If you have any articles or information that you want included, please send it to me by Monday, August 26, preferably sooner.
- Enrollment for the new 4-H year will start shortly after Labor Day through 4H Online. I will send another email when I have the exact date. There will be some changes, especially for leaders/volunteers, see below.
- Club leaders:
- Plat Books: Fifty sets of plat book pages are printed and need to be assembled. Clubs get paid $3 for each book they assemble. Please call or email me if your club interested.
- If you haven’t done so already, fair clovers can be picked up at the Extension office.
- Enrollment for leaders/volunteers in 4-H Online: One of the main changes is that you will need to select a club and a volunteer type. For those leaders not affiliated with a club, there will be a “no club designated” (or something similar) club listing. Descriptions of each volunteer type and details will be available soon (watch for more information), but the options are:
- Activity/Event Volunteer
- Adult Advisor/Chaperone
- Club Enrollment Coordinator (formerly Club Enrollment and Club Manager)
- Club Leader (includes Organizational/General and Co-Organizational/Co-General)
- Committee Volunteer
- Project Leader (includes Key Leader and Resource Leader)
We do not yet know when the 4-H Educator/Positive Youth Development position will be filled. Until it is, you may contact me with 4-H questions. However, because it has been a while since I did this and there have been some changes since that time, I may need to check with someone else or refer you to someone else. Also, please remember that 4-H is just one part of my job, and it may take a little longer for you to get a response.
Cathy Mauer, Program Assistant
RE-ENROLLMENT: Re-enrollment will start the week after Labor Day. The date will be posted when it is set. However, it should not be later than Friday, September 6. Remember that members and leaders need to re-enroll by November 1. As noted above, there will be some changes from previous years. If you have problems, please check the instructions or contact your club leader or the Extension office. Enroll or Re-enroll with 4HOnline.
Like us on Facebook at the Taylor County 4-H page.
- National 4-H is your one-stop shop for 4-H Web sites.
- 4-H Around the World
- National 4-H Supply
- Extension 4-H County Sites
- Wisconsin 4-H Youth Development
If you have any questions regarding 4-H & Youth in Taylor County, please contact:
Cathy Mauer, Program Assistant
Taylor County Extension
925 Donald Street, Room 103
Medford, WI 54451-2095
Phone: 715-748-3327 ext. 3